Total Pageviews

Wednesday, August 24, 2011

A week on Cape Cod many roads and Kill Devil.













This week I could not get the road series out of my head. I have been obsessed with doing small paintings of roads on Cape Cod in the Truro area mostly. They are beautiful to me and a refreshing change from the type of work I have been doing.When I think of it I have been painting roads for years but have never thought about them as a series.These little paintings become abstract but still hold on to a strong representation of there place. They feel like Cape Cod to me, they have a silence to them that is very meditative and I have a strong sense of peace while painting them.
   I showed what a few look like framed and the last thumbnail is the series as it stands now but there will be more.

No comments:

Post a Comment